As spatial computing (AR & VR) continues to develop ways to accelerate consumer and enterprise adoption, it’s all about gaining knowledge and network. And the timing is right to examine product development and business tactics, given the technology’s early and impressionable phases.
With that backdrop, the Games Developer Conference (GDC) is returning to San Francisco in March, including lots of AR & VR focus. This is fitting, given that such a large share of user traction, investment and developer activity in AR & VR has and will continue to be around gaming.
In fact, the first two days of GDC will house a VR/AR drill down in the form of VRDC. This will include lots of tactical content. To achieve meaningful depth and takeaways on these topics, GDC will also assemble A-list speakers, which will populate the program as we get closer.
Best of all, AR Insider has partnered with GDC, which means a 10 percent discount for Artillery PRO subscribers. You can see more about the conference here, and more details from the conference organizers below. There will be lots of networking and knowledge to gain.
From the Conference Organizers:
GDC is the game industry’s premier professional event, championing game developers and the advancement of their craft.
The Game Developers Conference (GDC) brings the game development community together to exchange ideas, solve problems, and shape the future of the industry across five days of education, inspiration, and networking. Attendees include programmers, artists, producers, game designers, audio professionals, and business leaders. Some key features of GDC include:
- The market-defining conference has a comprehensive selection of lectures, panels, and roundtable discussions.
- The GDC Expo showcases the latest game development tools and services from leading technology companies such as Amazon, Epic, Google, Intel, Nvidia, Oculus, and Sony.
- Dedicated community spaces where GDC attendees can take a break from all of the learning to relax and meet new people in themed areas for playable indie games, retro games, alternative controllers, and more.
GDC also hosts two awards ceremonies recognizing the creativity, artistry, and technical genius of the finest developers and games:
- The Game Developers Choice Awards is the leading peer-based video game awards show celebrating the industry’s top games and developers.
- The Independent Games Festival honors the most innovative and exemplary projects in indie game development.
For deeper XR data and intelligence, join ARtillery PRO and subscribe to the free AR Insider Weekly newsletter.
Disclosure: As a media outlet, AR Insider frequently partners with industry events, which involves cross promotion (terms are here). No money changes hands for editorial coverage (past examples) such as this post. Disclosure and ethics policy can be seen here.